My parents are Iranian. I was born in Germany. Moved to the US as a refugee (just found this out recently btw). Grew up in Glendale and La Crescenta, CA. I’ve lived in LA my whole life and don’t know anything else. I’ve actually only moved once, to Vegas for about 7 months, and other than that I’ve been right here. Wouldn’t really have it any other way.
I grew up playing with legos, dressing my Barbie’s and dolls in cute outfits (I’ve loved fashion and styling as long as I can remember) and then sitting them all pretty and going outside to ride my bike and play in the dirt (more of a tomboy at heart). I was pretty shy all through junior high and high school. Very late bloomer. Id say I’ve always been rather mature emotionally. I wanted to start working as soon as I could. I got a work permit at 15 and got my first job at Hot Dog on a Stick. (shout out to my mom for driving me to and from work since I couldn’t even drive yet).
The last couple years of high school sucked. School was hard, I couldn’t focus. My grades sucked and I just wanted it to be over so I could go out and work and gain my independence. (note: my home life didn’t suck. I was lucky to have loving parents. I just wanted out of the high school bubble and I wanted to start building my future) I didn’t want to go to college (since HS sucked so much) My parents made me go to community college and with much effort my dad insisted I go forward and get my bachelors from somewhere. Anywhere really. He just insisted I do it. I really didn’t want to, but I said if I was going to, it had to be for something I loved. He helped me find a bachelors program at Woodbury for fashion marketing. I loved it! Go figure- something I was interested and I did pretty damn good too. I graduated with a 3.6 I think, which was huge for me!
Then I just started working any job I could find in the fashion industry. Assistant designing, helping with sales, production, dealing with vendors! Anything. Anyways, so I worked and worked and worked and just about 2 years ago I quit all the bullshit “day jobs” and finally put all my efforts into my dream… So here we are.
Also- some random facts about me:
I love cars! All kinds. Foreign, domestic old and new. I don’t know a ton, but I love learning about them!
MMA is my favorite sport. Pretty much the only thing I make sure to watch.
I don’t watch TV. If it’s a show that’s come on in the past 10 years, odds are I haven’t seen it. A few exceptions here and there. I’ve caught some episodes of some shows that I find interesting, but nothing has stuck. But I will say, my favorite TV shows are Friends and That 70’s show. I can practically recite every episode of Friends and my sister and I can talk in all Friends quotes for most everything.
I’m Vegan! For the animals, for our planet, for my health, for my karma, for my soul. It’s my moral compass in life. (I’m not religious- wasn’t raised with any religion. Just to be a good person and treat people how I want to be treated)
I love to dance. I love hip hop. I love empowering women. I love to workout. Shots over drinks. Candy over chocolate. Rather sit and have a conversation with someone than sit in front of a screen. I wish I could sing, but I suck, but sing in my car like it’s nobody’s business. I try not to a judge a book by its cover because I hate when people do that to me. But also love proving them wrong!
Things I’m passionate about (some are repeats, but bear with me while I just get it all out)
- Veganism (because it’s not just a “diet” for me)
- Styling (not necessarily fashion- because I feel like that’s focused around trends which really aren’t my thing)
- Love (yes love. Not just relationship love, but finding what you love in life)
- Mental health
- Physical health
- Traveling- even though I haven’t done it in a while and not nearly as much as I want to in my life.
- Empowering and motivating people to get out there, makes changes, chase your dreams, don’t settle, don’t be mediocre and find your happiness! It’s out there!
- Children- this one might seem random- especially if you know me, and know that I am choosing to not have children. I just believe if you choose to be a parent you better make that your number one priority because you are raising our future. I’m big on adoption and think that if you’re ready to be a parent- because it should be a conscious decision-then you should consider adopting. I’ll do a whole post on all this.
Not sure how much of this will cross-over for others, but hopefully I’ll find some awesomely, weird people, like me, that care about some of the things I care about!